EAMTM Serving The Industry Since 1940
The European Association of Machine Tool Merchants is the international network for companies buying and selling used machinery for the metalworking industry.
Looking For the Symbol of Trust
Members of the EAMTM abide by the association’s Code of Ethics. Only members of the EAMTM can display the association logo as a symbol of trust
Members agree to the following:
1. To honour completely and sincerely all contracts and agreements in which they engage both in buying and selling, particularly where terms of payment have been mutually agreed.
2. To describe and represent the machines they offer to the best of their ability as to the Serial and model numbers, Condition, Specification and accessories.
3. When offering machinery to which they do not have clear title, they will endeavour to establish and advise the prospective buyer of any relevant circumstances which could affect the sale.
4. When machines are sold with a guarantee and are proved to be defective (other than through the buyer’s own actions) they will use their utmost endeavours to rectify the complaint.
5. To honour every option and/or first refusal both as to price and date.
6. To accept that in the event of a member knowingly and deliberately violating or committing a breach of the above Code, (of which the Association’s Council shall be sole judge) then, should Council so resolve, he will be suspended as a Member. The General Meeting can declare the expulsion of a member.